Medical Records File Clerk
Job Title: Medical Records File Clerk
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Until Filled
- Compiles, verifies, and files medical records as listed in department policies for electronic data entry and paper filing.
- Scans approved documents for HIM. Scans using Vista Imaging and files hard copy in patient chart.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing systems.
- Maintains a medical record for every individual who receives services as an outpatient beneficiary.
- Retrieves records from referring physician and agency.
- Documents action in the Disclosure Accounting Records and documents within the Release of Information RPMS Package for medical records that are faxed or mailed out.
- Ensures proper access to medical records and entry by authorized personnel only.
- Performs comprehensive review of records to assure the presence of all information is correct, such as name, address, insurance, and all reports which appear to be indicated by the treatment rendered.
- Files charts, forms and documents in timely manner and locks files at the close of business.
- Pulls charts and documents appropriate sign-out information for upcoming appointments and by physicians request in a timely manner. Selects, pulls, and processes file for year-end purging.
- Provides medical records to authorized personnel only, processes record request electronically and sends out records in a secure manner.
- Sends recall letters to patients per Physician and/or Nurse Orders.
- Distributes all incoming correspondence and fax transmissions to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or its equivalent and 1-2 years of related medical records experience. Valid driver’s license and submit to a background check. Level I Fingerprint Clearance; CPR; First Aid; HIPAA Certification. Possess a valid Arizona Driver License. Must complete/pass a criminal background investigation & fingerprint clearance in accordance with NACA policy.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical records and medical clinic surroundings.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).