Patient Services Coordinator
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Until Filled
- Answers all incoming calls promptly, identifies a triage candidate and effectively refers this patient to the Triage Flow Manager/Patient Navigator. Records and delivers all messages to the appropriate units.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, staff, and the general public.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to the HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Maintains a calendar of appointments for the Clinic Providers and Health Promotion by scheduling patient appointments, keeping a “call on-cancellation list”, continual update of patient demographics and insurance status, template updates to cover patient care availability Monday through Friday.
- Establishes new patients and provides assistance with AHCCCS enrollment as directed.
- Continuously performs data entry into electronic database, RPMS; and provides quantitative and qualitative reports as requested by supervisor.
- Listens, records, and directs complaints from patients and general public on appropriate form and in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains the reception desk and the patient waiting room: Scans, assesses, and continuously keeps the waiting room and reception desk clean and orderly throughout the day; At the end of the day a thorough walk through, cleaning and organizing must be completed.
- Maintains an inventory list of office supplies and provides a purchase order request for replacement of office supplies on a routine/scheduled basis. Maintain storage and inventory of adequate of supplies and equipment. Receives packages directing the delivery service to the appropriate area and notifies staff of these deliveries. Identifies refrigerated items and promptly informs the flow manager.
- Receives training and supervision as needed for triaging of same day needs of patients who present to clinic.
- Participates in cross training to improve skills in medical records. Involved in rotation to work with Medical Records unit and actively serves to as back up. This includes the usage of postage meter system in medical records unit as well as the management of inter-office mail to the Main Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or its equivalent and 1-2 years of experience in the field or related area. Valid driver’s license and submit to a background check. Level I Fingerprint Clearance; CPR; First Aid; HIPAA Certification. Possess a valid Arizona Driver License. Must complete/pass a criminal background investigation & fingerprint clearance in accordance with NACA policy.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Knowledge of front office and reception principles, practices, and techniques sufficient to provide necessary and effective service to patients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Maintains billing software updates correctly for patient payments, by cash or credit card.
- Skill in the operation of a computer; enter, retrieve and work on computer systems.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).