Salary: $20 per hour
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week. Non-exempt)
Closing Date: March 17, 2023
- Verifies employee timesheets as to hours worked and department charged. Prepares payroll worksheet including hours worked, pay rate, department allocations, charges, and deductions.
- Processes and maintains proper documentation of the bi-weekly computerized payroll including recordkeeping.
- Maintain employee payroll files and computer system based on the employee’s current Personnel Action Form, W-4, and other employee payroll documentation including payroll deduction documentation.
- Prepares and process payment of state and federal withholdings, FICA, and Medicare, and required filings. Prepares annual W-2 for employees and 1099’s for contract vendors.
- Processes employees’ direct deposits, retirement contribution, and deductions for insurance benefits.
- Maintains record of balance of accrued annual leave and sick leave for all eligible employees.
- Prepares, maintains, manages tracks the accounts payable and service contract files.
- Tracks approved authorizations, purchase orders, and verify the status of those outstanding.
- Compiles documentation for payment through accounts payable including approved authorization for expenditures (travel authorizations, purchase orders, memos, etc.), verified receipt of the goods or services, and verified amount to be paid (invoice, receipt, or other verifiable amount due).
- Prepares payment authorization form for signature, including proper allocation, account and department coding as needed.
- Enters accounts payable data and process checks per approved payment authorizations. Maintains proper documentation of accounts payable computer system and vendor files.
- Prepares and maintains various spreadsheets, logs, and other miscellaneous worksheets necessary in the operation of the Finance Department.
- Prepares invoices for payment to NACA based on current agreements with outside agencies.
- Ensures the proper recording of fixed assets purchased and received by various departments.
- Review and reconciles cash receipt received from main office, FHC, lottery and special events. Records cash receipts into general ledger.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a closely related field and 1-2 years of previous accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and procedures governing cash receipting, purchasing, accounts payable, payroll, and related financial transactions for governmental accounting.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars, Single Audit Uniform Guidance for federal grant accounting laws, rules and regulations and oversight of internal non-profit organizational control structure. Single audit annual year-end reconciliations: Banking, General Ledger, Payroll, Fixed Asset & Depreciation, Records Retention, Inventory, Deferred Revenue, Grant Awards and Reporting Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. (GAAP)
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272).