Patient Services Coordinator
Salary: $17 per hour
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Until Filled
- Greets all incoming patients and the public to assist or direct them to appropriate personnel and/or departments during the FHC visit or over the telephone.
- Answers all incoming calls promptly, identifies a triage candidate and effectively refers this patient to the Clinic back office and Behavioral Health Staff. Records and delivers all messages to the appropriate units.
- Checks in patients, verifies patient information, collect insurance documents, referrals, and enters patient demographic data into the clinic electronic health registration package Resource Patient Management System, (RPMS).
- Obtains ROIs from patient records per the patient or provider request.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to the HIPAA regulations at all times and ensures confidential and sensitive data is locked at all times.
- Continuously performs data entry into electronic database, RPMS; and provides quantitative and qualitative reports as requested by supervisor.
- Listens, records and directs complaints from patients and general public on appropriate form and in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains the reception area including the patient waiting room clean and orderly throughout the day and prepares for the next day during final walk through at the end of the day.
- Maintains a calendar of appointments for the Clinic Providers and Health Promotion by scheduling patient appointments, keeping a “call on-cancellation list”, continual update of patient demographics and insurance status, template updates to cover patient care availability Monday through Friday.
- Patient Services Coordinators are on a rotating shift that includes opening and closing the FHC along with the providers.
- Participates in cross training to improve skills in medical records. Involved in rotation to work with Medical Records unit and actively serves to as back up. This includes the usage of postage meter system in medical records unit as well as the management of inter-office mail to the Main Office.
- Provides a productivity report on all routine/schedule to Nurses.
High School Diploma or its equivalent and 1-2 years of experience in the field or related area. Valid driver’s license and submit to a background check. Class I Fingerprint Clearance, CPR, First Aid and HIPAA Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of front office and reception principles, practices, and techniques sufficient to provide necessary and effective service to patients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Maintains billing software updates correctly for patient payments, by cash or credit card.
- Skill in the operation of a computer; sufficient to enter, retrieve and work computer systems.
- Strong phone etiquette.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272).