Salary: $22 per hour
Job Type: Temporary employment – 3 months (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Until Filled
- Performs administrative tasks, such as checking patients in an out.
- Performs many basic medical tasks such as collecting specimen cups from patients, hooking up test equipment, and taking and recording vital signs.
- Performs intake for patient appointments.
- Works with the front office staff to verify patient information including insurance benefits.
- May cover front office when needed.
- Maintains exam rooms with cleaning and stocking of supplies on a routine schedule in accordance with protocols, standards, and regulations of NACA Family Health Center.
- Performs daily chart reviews.
- Conducts inventory and supply (par levels, ordering, receiving & organization).
- Checking for expiration dates of supplies and medications.
- Controls glucose, a1c, urine etc.
- Conducts the Biological Indicator checks.
- Autoclave cleaning & flushing.
- Performs Data Entry (HRA).
- Responsible for Covid-19 reporting to the state.
- Outgoing calls to patients due for appointments/immunizations/A1Cs, etc.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality through HIPAA and Confidentially Standards Policy.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. One to two years year experience in a clinical setting. Clinical competencies updated annually with supervisor providing the appropriate development and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principals, practices, and techniques sufficient to provide necessary service to patients and medical staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with Native American clients. Navajo speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skills in writing sufficient to prepare and maintain patient charts.
- Skills in operating a computer.
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest, Resume and Transcripts. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968. Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act.