Mental Health Well-being in Youth
- Increase awareness of suicide and substance abuse prevention methods for Flagstaff youth through the creation of youth guided strategies.
- Reduce the impact of mental health and substance use disorder through implementation of youth-based strategies.
- Develop a plan of action for the development of policies, procedures, and protocols that promote coordination and collaboration of youth serving agencies, with a focus on standards of care, transition of youth from one agency to another, importance of the role of local traditional healing, and helping practices to ensure youth at risk for suicide and substance use receive follow up services.
- Develop a plan of action to create post-intervention protocols for responding to suicides, suicide attempts, and suicide clusters. This plan will include the promotion of community healing, and reduce the possibility of contagions that include traditional and cultural practices.
- Develop a youth based social marketing plan for youth and families, which will provide awareness, and promote the importance and de-stigmatization of mental health.