Job Title: Patient Benefits Coordinator
Salary: $18.35 per hour
Job Type: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Assist patients in completing applications for alternate resources including enrollment.
- Works closely with Patient Service Coordinators, the Billing Department, and other facility staff in identifying all alternate resources available.
- Verifies benefits and eligibility of patients seeking care at NACA.
- Works with Medicare, Medicaid, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Department of Veteran’s Affair, Bureau of Employment Compensation, Third party Liability, Children’s Special Health Services, Aide to Families with Dependent Children, and Marketplace referrals, etc.
- Produces reports as applicable for GPRA and UDS reports within RPMS/EHR.
- Enters patient data using RPMS/EHR applications for the purpose of applying the relevant components in a timely manner.
- Interviews patients to determine any benefit eligibility and for any sliding fee scales, if appropriate. Collect any documents that pertain to the sliding fee scales and works with the patient on an agreement for payment.
- Responsible for identifying, researching, and processing, request for internal and external clients in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Maintains all medical records and communication in accordance with HIPAA standards.
- Exercises excellent customer service skills to patients and the public.
- Provides information on rights and benefits of resources, assists patients in understanding the benefits of AHCCCS and/or private insurance.
- Follows up on all pending applications and works closely with families and agencies.
- Responsible for running and cleaning error reports within the PCC and Patient Registration packages.
- Performs a variety of patient representative functions including assisting with completion of applications for alternate resources and interpreting rules and regulations for alternate resources for patients.
- Perform outreach activities to inform the community of the availability of alternate resources.
- Obtain ongoing training on marketplace referrals and AHCCCS application process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma and three (3) years work experience in a medical setting with benefits administration and/or training with an understanding of health plans and health care benefit. Preferably AA Degree in health administration or related field. Valid driver’s license and submit to a background check.
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations:
A class I Fingerprint Clearance card, CPR, First Aid, and HIPAA Certification (can be acquired before and/or after hire). Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License. Must complete/pass a sensitive background investigation & fingerprint clearance in accordance with NACA policy.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer and ability to learn other software applications as needed such as the RPMS and EHR database systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.